Strange Occurrences has had a pretty stable and loyal membership since its formation in 2005. In that time we've only had one team member actually leave, however as the decade has passed it's fair to say that several members are much less actively involved than in the past, due entirely to family reasons, which is understandable.
Although the group is still active as a paranormal investigation team, a year ago we changed our name to the New Zealand Strange Occurrences Society. We are implementing some ideas that will reflect that change. Watch this space, and other spaces!
One thing we've purposefully avoided is monogrammed baseball caps and jackets, and branding in general. Another thing is defined roles within the team. We are all investigators, but each of us has different life skills, career skills, interests and backgrounds, as well as a range of degrees of belief in the various paranormal phenomena.
- Helen & Nick: joint Case Managers
- Rob: Principal Photographer (and Underwater Investigator, should the need arise)
- *Karen: Historian
- Patrick: Shotgun Rider (Security Officer)
- Jo: Literature Consultant
- *Mark: Tech Manager & Principal Solderer
- Scott: Chief Medical Officer
- Jayne: Profiler
- *Denise: Psychometrist (What?! See Psychometry)
- *James: Head Honcho.
* Founder member from 2005