- 28th January 2016 - The Wellingtonian newspaper (front page)
- 20th July 2015: Radio New Zealand Retro - Ghosts
- 2nd November 2014: Haunted - Radio New Zealand documentary by Justin Gregory
- 31st October 2014: Dominion Post, Capital Day page: Penchant for Ghost Stories
- 9th August 2014, Dominion Post, p5: Haunting Image Left for Capital Sleuths to Probe
We are more than happy to be interviewed, discuss ideas and give opinions on a range of paranormal-related topics. James Gilberd is the main spokesperson and self-confessed 'media whore' for the paranormal interest group New Zealand Strange Occurrences Society. Members of the group have been involved in a number of television and radio productions, newspaper features, and also student films and other documentary- and art-based projects, and we are happy and willing to do more.
We would be interested in providing a consulting/advisory service for film, theatre and television regarding screen or stage portrayals of paranormal events and/or the investigation of the paranormal.
Please contact James Gilberd, co-founder and leader of The New Zealand Strange Occurrences Society. Note: James can be contacted more directly at Photospace - 1st floor, 37 Courtenay Place, Wellington 6011.
Earlier media coverage for Strange Occurrences
Our team has been lucky enough over the years to attract a high level of interest from TV, radio and print media. Below is a selection of the main stories and articles that have appeared since 2008. Although some stories are a little tongue-in-cheek, all of the journalists we have worked directly with have been respectful of and genuinely interested in the work of Strange Occurrences.
TV3 filming Helen at Wellington Museum, 2009
Older TV & radio stuff
Justin Gregory interviewing Mark for RNZ, 2009
- TV3 Nightline clip - 17th August 2011, Inverlochy House & Spooked book - http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/a-tour-through-wellingtons-haunted-house-2011081722#axzz3TsPwbKp4
- TV3 News story on investigation of the Wellington Town Hall, 19/6/10
- Radio NZ Documentary by Justin Gregory for Spectrum programme, 6/12/09 (27 minutes)
- TV3 Nightline video - investigating two Wellington locations, September 2009
Newspaper articles & features (scans)
Dominion Post, 9th August 2014 - Haunting image left for capital sleuths to probe
Dominion Post 13/8/2011 - Agnostic guide to city's ghosts
Wellingtonian, 25/8/2011 - Exploring the paranormal
Auckland Herald, 24/1/2009 - Everything but the ghoul - Canvas cover story
Dominion Post, 25/10/2008 - Spooky old town - our first major media appearance